1259 St Mary’s church existed
1504 St Mary’s church re-built in the Gothic style
1768 St Mary’s church re-built in a Georgian style
1876 The Cornish Diocese of Truro formed. St Mary’s becomes the cathedral church
1880 May 29 Foundation Stones of the cathedral laid by Edward, the Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall. Work starts on the cathedral under John Loughborough Pearson.
St Mary’s church closed and replaced by a temporary church. The south aisle becomes incorporated into the new cathedral as St Mary’s aisle
1882 Bishop Benson leaves Truro to become Archbishop of Canterbury
1887 Consecration of the Quire and Transepts by the Prince of Wales/Duke of Cornwall. Building work ceased.
1898 Work re-commenced under Frank Pearson
1903 Dedication of the Nave
1904 Main tower and spire completed
1908 Foundation stone of the Old Cathedral School is laid
1910 Dedication of the Western Towers. Effective completion of the cathedral
1935 Dedication of the North door into the North transept
1967 Completion of the Chapter House
1987 Completion of the Cathedral Shop
2002 Refurbishment of the Cathedral Restaurant
2005 125th Anniversary of the laying of the Foundation Stones.
2005 Restoration of the West Front
2010 Restoration of the central tower
2015 Re-slating of the roof on the high-level western arm
2017 Re-slating of the roof on the South Nave Aisle, Baptistry and Narthex